Saturday, 15 November 2014

Completed Knit: Chuck!

Ahh, a nice wooly, long-sleeved Chuck, just in time for Summer. Hmmm.



Anyway, I'm finally getting around to blogging this! Yay! This has been on my to-make list for ages, and Lauren can take credit for adding fuel to the fire with her dang cute version.

I don't have a whole heap to say about it, as it wasn't too involved! I chose about 3" of negative ease. I also am now (due to my love of/compulsion for fitting modifications) addicted to adding bust darts to knits. So there are bust darts, which keep the waistline more level and really, just satisfy my knitting nerdyness. I wrote more about them in my last knitting project, if you want the dirt.




I also lengthened it, as I wanted it slightly past the waist. Why? I hate that awkward situation that arises when you wear something cropped with a skirt that sits at the waist, and the top is just a little toooo cropped, so it rises up and flashes whatever you're wearing underneath. It simply won't do! Plus, I think it's flattering sitting below the waist.

In order to lengthen it, I added an extra cable twist in between the two main cabled repeats.



As usual, I lengthened the sleeves to full length. I just don't see the point in 3/4 sleeves when you're trying to cozy up in wool. Plus, I'm extremely cold-blooded so will get much more wear out of it this way.

PICS!

Back view + well hidden camera remote (lol)


I always end up looking cheesy for the self-timer!
Also, I'll probably be blogging less for the next wee while. I'll miss it though! I have some big time-sucks coming up, so no time to sew unfortunately. Oh well, that's life! I'll still be around though :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)