Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Completed: My Fantasy Pendrell

This is my second Sewaholic Pendrell, after my polka dot version. I love this ruffled variation the best, and it's the view that drew me to the pattern in the first place.

Wow, I look so smug here.
Why is this my fantasy Pendrell you ask? Well, because I've had the fabric forever and I've been wanting to make this with it forever too! I posted about it way back when I first started my blog and it's pretty funny how long it's taken me to realise that vision, but I guess that's pretty normal for me. The Pendrell project got bogged down in muslin-town for a while... again, not unusual for me. I'm so glad I took the time to fit it to my satisfaction though, because I love this fabric so much (omg florals and my favourite colours too!), I wanted to do it justice!

Oh and it gets bonus points for looking eerily similar to one of Tasia's Pendrells (the pattern designer)!
The fabulous Tasia of Sewaholic Patterns
Ugh now I need to make a Colette Beignet skirt like hers to complete a copycat outfit, lol! That's surely not creepy, right?? I have the pattern, but I'm afraid of how much work it might take to fit it nicely to my big ol' butt though, I confess. Heh...me and my fitting perfectionism.
These are new RTW jeans by the way, and if I made them I'd probably be upset at how they fit. But since I bought them in a shop, I'm fine with them. Such a silly mindset!

Here's a better view of the beautiful print and ruffles! Love it!




I didn't change much from my last version, just some minor adjustments like making the neckline a little wider so I can pull it over my head easier. I had a go at redrafting the bias facings since I'd messed up the armholes with my tinkering. It seemed to work pretty well. I got a good tip from Maryanne to press the bias into a curve before applying to the armholes. I'll have try to remember that one!

I can't help but want an army of Pendrells. They're flattering, and slip over the head, so no fastenings required! Well, if not an army, at least one of each view. Okay, maybe TWO of each view.
I also like how it looks with both skirts and pants, so it should be versatile!



I took these with the help of my tripod, which I'm really bad at using, haha! So the photos were all over the place. Enjoy some headless shots.



And I always end up getting shots like this, cos I think it's done taking photos and it's not, so I walk towards the camera. But I look all cool and nonchalant here, so I'll pretend I did it on purpose... :P


I guess there's not much more to say other than how satisfying it is for something so come out of my sewing machine with so little drama (now I've got the fitting out of the way)! The Pendrell has officially gained a "tried and true" stamp of approval- and remember, one of my goals this year is to sew from tried and true patterns. Bonus points there, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)