Sunday, 14 July 2013

Okay, So Who Likes Cake?

So first off, thank you so much for all the amazing replies on my previous post on self-criticism!  You are all awesome people!  I have read and re-read your comments and I have been amazed at the amount of you that relate, and have wonderful insights.  It's so great to hear from you :)

Secondly, I actually have few projects in the pipeline to post about, so look out for them coming up. I've totally been holding out on you guys. But I thought I should have a quick mention of this upcoming event before all that!

The Wellington Bloggers came up with a brilliant idea when we were talking about Cake Patterns, and how great it would be to eat Cake while sewing Cake. All the patterns sound so delicious don't they?
There's Pavlova, Tiramisu... now, I admit I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I do have a soft spot for the idea of a simple knit dress. So I'm going to try out the Tiramisu.

I'm not a huge fan of the envelope styling, but check out Lauren's version and you'll be converted! 
The plan is to each make a pattern from Cake, meet up, and eat cake!  Are you following?  Well, I hope you are, as we decided to invite the internet!

So if you'd like to join in the wee party, grab the badge that our dear Mel made, and get ready to party on in Cake on the 28th of July!
Put up your pictures of yourself wearing your Cake- bonus points if you're enjoying a sweet treat.  Double bonus points if you're eating the same thing your garment is called!
I hope you guys are keen, as I want our Cake party to spread around the globe. :)

Now, wish me luck, I've got a Tiramisu to cut out.  And some finished project blog posts to write! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)