Monday, 10 June 2013

Sewalongs Are Fun. I'm In!

You guys already know I think the blogging community is the best.
So it's high time I got into some events..

I'm participating in Karen of Did You Make That?'s Pyjama Party.  Yay!  I figure with the sewing slump I've been in lately that something as easy as PJs should perk me up.  Right?  Oh no, I hope I didn't jinx it by saying the word "easy"...


didyoumakethat


The Pyjama Party is on the 23rd of June!  I'm a bit of a late starter, but that gives me almost 2 weeks by my count. 

And next, it's Indie Pattern Month.  Kat of Modern Vintage Cupcakes and Mel of The Curious Kiwi are both hosting this sewalong/general good time of indie pattern love!

You don't have to sew up an indie pattern, just check out Kat's blog post on it for the details!


I personally do want to sew up an indie pattern, but honestly, I'm not going to put a lot of pressure on myself.  If it happens, it happens!  lol!  The pattern in question is the Colette Meringue, which I started trying to fit ages ago and then... ahem, it got knocked aside by other things.  Funny how that happens.  My last post mentioning that I wanted to make it was... ahem, over a YEAR ago.  lol.

So that's two sewing projects in a month, more than I've been doing lately!  I think I'll write a post on my thoughts on the mysterious case of the missing sew-jo (that's sewing mojo).

I'm hoping these two goals will get my butt in gear.  That's what's so great about PJs though right?  If you screw them up, it really just doesn't matter.  Hooray!

Are you joining me in any of these events?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)