Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Renfrew Number Three

Exciting post title eh?
I know most bloggers seem to have made about 10 of these, but honestly, I can see why!  They are so practical yet cute!


And this time I made the cowl!  What, you say?  A second cowl neck top made from knit fabric?  Well, it's my blog so I'll do what I want!  Both of these were made from fabric from Girl Charlee.com.  It's a shame, that's all I ordered from them.  And I have never seen knits with prints this cute here in New Zealand!  I will have to keep my eyes peeled.

Anyway, the cowl neck is different from the In-House Patterns cowl.  It also adds a surprising amount of warmth.  Imagine it with long sleeves in a wintry knit....  Delicious.

I had to pull this pose so I could be like Tasia.
I have been tweaking this pattern over the times I have made it, and I think it's looking better than ever.. though it doesn't hurt that this busy print could hide many sins.  :)

One thing I still haven't cured is the diagonal line across the shoulders, which is improved perhaps but not gone.  I have a theory it's to do with needing a narrow shoulder adjustment...  that the body of the garment is straining to cover my shoulder joint when the sleeve should be doing the work.  I'll let you know if I figure it out, lol!  I don't have a clue if what I said even makes sense!

There's not too much to be said about this top.  Most bloggers are all "Woo, I cut and made mine in a few hours!".  For me, it was a triumph only taking a few days.  lol.
I actually had this cut out for ages though.  I was trying to use it as a carrot for me to treat myself with after completing some challenges.  It feels good to finally have it made!

Back shot.


And that's all I have to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)