Sunday, 9 December 2012

Spam Be Gone

I absolutely love getting comments from you all!  I think the blogging community is so exciting and wonderful.

So, I recently mentioned how I was taking off recaptchas as I hate them with a passion... who wants to have to squint at their computer screen and type out gibberish just to prove they're a real person?

Looking into it, I found a few options.
I removed my recaptchas.  Of course, I found after a while that I started getting a LOT of spam.  Spam is the worst!   It was driving me bonkers.  So next I tried changing my settings to only letting "Registered Users" comment.  Which was great until someone emailed me saying they wanted to comment but couldn't.  The last thing I'd want!

Now I'm trying out Disqus.  I just want commenting to be quick and easy....hopefully this works out. 

The Pros of Disqus are:
-You can reply to comments and it sends a notification (sweet!  I always wanted this).
-You can attach images to your comments (okay, I can't see this being used heaps but it's a great idea).
-If you have a Google account you can use that to comment.

The Cons if Disqus are:
-You have to register with one of the accounts Disqus uses, which I know, seems like another hassle.

So guys, have you had any similar struggles with commenting formats?  Do you have any ideas or solutions for me?  
If you hate Disqus throw me an email.  If you love it, let me know!
The point is, I just want to be able to talk to you guys! :)

I really don't want to go back to recaptchas but if that's what it'll take I'll do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)