Monday, 9 April 2012

Miette Knit-Along has begun!

Well, the Miette Knit-Along is officially underway!
Gail has already started putting up informative posts on how to prepare for the project, very helpful indeed!  Check them out here, here and here :)

But don't worry, it's not too late to join in- even I still haven't got my yarn yet!

So, if you're joining in, first, feel free to join our flickr group here.  Flickr is great for sharing your works in progress, pictures or any problems.  There is even a little mini-forum where we can all discuss our projects!

Second, grab the badge!
 
Here's how I put it on my blogger sidebar-
Go into your design settings, and click 'add a gadget' in your sidebar.  On the 'basics' tab (it should open in this automatically), click the 'Picture' gadget.  You can then add an image from the web- copy and paste this link:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_ZXwT5QdYUs/T30RBQKgsVI/AAAAAAAAAP4/6ibVuSCHf30/s1600/miette+blue+3+small.jpg

You can also add a link that clicking on the badge will take you to.  I have mine linked to the flickr group:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/mietteknitalong/

Sorry if you're not on blogger, but I'm sure you can get this working, it's pretty simple!
Ha, there's probably an even easier way of doing it, but well, this worked for me :)

I decided to play with my croquis today and put together a Miette outfit :)  Ha, I even got carried away and got out the old colouring pencils!

Miette- I'm also planning to make the top and skirt too :)

Hopefully my finished outfit lives up to my hopes and dreams!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the badge, Jo! It worked just like you said it would! I linked to flickr too.

    I love your croquis Miette outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad it worked! Thanks for the compliment on the outfit! Sometimes I think I spend too long thinking about what I want, rather than making it! Haha :)

      Delete
  2. You are such a great sketcher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I have to admit my croquis is formed from a tracing of a photo, but I guess I can take credit for the clothing I put on it! :) I find it fun to sketch :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Joanna!

    I have awarded you the Sunshine Award.

    Details on my blog: http://www.sewmelove.com/2012/04/my-sunshine-award.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your croquis sketch looks wonderful - I love the cardigan. I really like the sleeve length too. I'm looking forward to all the progress posts!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered my yarn. I'm so excited. Here's hoping I get get it done. Knitting intimidates me a big. Doing a knit-along should help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, your croquis is so cute! I wish I was doing the Miette KAL, but I'm forcing myself to focus on finishing up some projects. I hope you guys have a great time! Can't wait to see your sweaters!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)